I've been in Houston for just over three weeks now, and I have just started to get my thoughts in order.
I think there is something about being away from everyone you care about that messes with your schedule and your desire to get things done. In the evenings I usually just cook something, read a little bit, call some friends, and get ready for bed.
I don't know how much of it is because of the fact that I don't really have that
much I have to do here yet, but I should find out soon.
I ordered the textbook for my Dynamics class next semester and got the problem numbers from the professor, because I want to try to get the homework all done before the class starts in the fall, that way I won't have quite so much to do.
My schedule for next semester looks like it is going to be very hard, and I'm not happy about how scheduled and careful I'm going to have to be with my time.
I am most likely going to have class from 9:00 until 3:30 on MWF and work from 11:00 until 6:00 on TTH, and with all of the homework for those classes, I will more busy than I've ever been before. If this is going to be a good semester, a few things are going to have to go the way I hope they will:
1) My time management is going to be superb.
2) My work ethic will not flag, even for a moment.
3) I'd better get every homework assignment done!
4) I need to have Dynamics out of the way.
5) I'm going to really appreciate the care and love of my friends.
6) I will have to be intentional about when I read, relax, and read the Bible.
7) Seriously, those things aren't just going to do themselves.
8) Oh right, I need to get to bed at a certain time each morning.
9) I'll need to have a really good study partner system for my eng. classes.
10) I'm looking for scholarships in every corner.
11) I want to make time for my friends and to be free to hang out.
12) I think maybe I can do it if I start every assignment immediately.
13) Maybe something where I divide work up into several days.
14) Actually that's a great idea.
15) Harry Potter comes out soon!
16) I can't wait until you get here, Holly.
17) Are some friends coming down this summer? I think Matlock and Jasper are!
18) I am much stronger at Go than I was last summer.
19) I'm going to go beat some of the people who used to be stronger than me...
20) I'd also like to still make it to the gym a lot.
21) Maybe I'll go in the mornings.
22) You were totally right about me needing a meal plan, btw.
23) I wonder what I'll be doing at Samson next fall?
24) I think I'm kind of abusing this list and making it a stream'o'consciousness.
25) Oh well. I miss you all! Say "hi" on the comment section if you are a good person.
(Missing you all a lot)