More Adventurous

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

San-Ren-Sei!

This feels good. I have a new go-playing style, and it is called San-ren-sei, meaning "three stars." I won't bother you all with too many details, but believe me when I say that it carried over into real life today. Today's been a good day, futures won and fortunes lost.

Stopping for a moment, I realize that all I really want to do here is say what I like, and maybe find something good inside of it. If none mind, I won't celebrate humiliations on this forum, and neither will I discuss private things to any great extent. Those are the subjects of talks at coffee shops, which are an entirely different medium. All that I need to say at present is that I am eating crackers with cheese and Vietnamese hot sauce while typing with my computer resting on my Go board. I really love this board. It is beautiful and true.

And to my friend,
Forgive me for not going to bed yet, but I had those impressionable freshmen over and was treating them to whatever food I could find, and they have only recently gone, but now I will start on my plan to get bed-ward.

Night!

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's one thing not to discuss private matters on your blogs, but if you did choose to discuss "humiliation," you wouldn't necessarily be "celebrating" it simply by writing about it. Speaking generally of mishaps and pitfalls as they happen in your life is acceptable, as long as it records more edifying insights than complaints.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, i thought that you record something about san-ren-sei.
could you write the word down in china characters (i mean chinese characters).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home