More Adventurous

Monday, July 03, 2006

A wonderful week, aside from being sick








These are all of the wonderful things that have happened lately.

First and foremost, Happy Birthday Asher!

Hmmm, for pictures, let's start with the oldest thing I did.
I went to a free outdoor performance by the Houston Symphony, and it rocked. The soloist played the Haydn Cello Concerto in D-Major, and did a really good job, even if his cadenza was a little bit boring.

Side note: I'm breaking in my new climbing shoes right now, and they are a little painful, but they're supposed to be that way, so I will take it. They are Five Ten Coyotes, and have fantastically grippy rubber on the bottom, and a pretty comfortable toe box.

Aaaah! There is a mosquito in the room with me, and he's survived two of my attacks. Sad day, now I will be paranoid all evening.

I'm drinking another one of my terrible chimera drinks. This one is

1) An un-named yellow-green, highly caffeinated soda,
2) Grapefruit juice, and
3) Fruit punch.

To be fair, it's not nearly so bad as my coffee / ice cream / milk / juice / chai / ice smoothie. That was disgusting. I kept up a brave front for at least the first half of it, but then my machismo gave way and I admitted to having made a bad decision.

Aaaah yes, back to my recounting of events.

I also went to a baseball game, at Minutemaid park. Pretty fun! I have the house here all to myself (I have for the past four days) so I've taken this opportunity to do some of the things that I've wanted to for a long time, but hadn't gotten to. I made a pull-up bar, rigged my roommate's speakers into an acceptable stereo with my iPod in the living room, and did sit-ups until I couldn't really move.

Final note, everyone who is coming to visit me, I love you all!!!

Lastly, my trip offshore to the oil rig has a definite date, and it is July 15th. Helicopterhelicopter, woohoo.

6 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we aren't coming this weekend but the next (sorry, dude). I am glad that you are having fun!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger The Erstwhile Philistine said...

Dude, a small anecdote for you. I tried playing Vagrant Story today, but when I got past the opening stuff and pressed "New Game", I immediately hit a load screen that lasted five minutes. I retried a couple of times, thinking that might help, but I never did get past that screen. Any ideas?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kevin K. said...

Wait, you didn't decipher the code during the demo? If you can't figure that out, you're not going to get far in the actual game! Really, the disc is probably scratched. Sad day. You can try cleaning it on a shirt or something, I think. How was your b-day?

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your climbing shoes look awesome! Looks like you've been having a great time. I have not yet put myself through a grueling regiment of DDR, but I'm going to be a beast at that game by the time I get back.

By the way, the link on my name on the comment this time isn't my lj. It contains my results from the only worthy online personality test I have ever taken.

You are lucky that "everyone" is going to go see you! :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Kevin K. said...

Crystal, I took that quiz too, and this is what I got.

My Personal Dna Report

Yes, I feel very lucky that friends are coming to see me! I also wish I could go to Canada and see you. How was your day?

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon second thought, that terrible smoothie you made MIGHT have been good if you didn't put juice in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home