More Adventurous

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Unit Production



I was working on a new project, at my desk. I was in my groove, and then I found something on the Chevron website that distracted me pretty badly for a few minutes. I saw the picture at the top of the screen, under the heading purpose. The man pictured clearly has purpose, and is most clearly an oilfield worker. He has the necessary hat, he has the rag to seal his neck from almost any chemical spray or splash, and he has the oh-so-dour expression necessary to really excel in his profession.
The thing that distracted me so much was when I mentally compared this picture to a picture of a unit in Warcraft or Civilization. This is the human race's basic production unit, maybe?
Next, and with a similar theme, is the picture of the scientist, so unstoppably focused on the search and research that she desperately desires to drive mankind forward. Both pictures are so bold!
I really like the thought that I may be a little portrait inside of the "Industrial Center," beside which it says "Training: Engineer - 25% Complete."


Edit: There are a lot of little birds in my neighborhood that love to stand in the road, so you have to drive slowly to let them hop away.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... interesting pictures.

Sorry about the confusion over names! :o)

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KEVIN!

I love you and you should come home NOW!

I miss my brotha' from anotha' motha'. okay, maybe that only works under different circumstances...hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home