More Adventurous

Friday, May 26, 2006

Hey, I got my camera out (yay)








This post inaugurates the age of photos, in which I will post photos.
This is an exciting time, and for some of you, it may even be a scary time, but there are counselors standing by if the anxiety becomes too great. They're right over there. No, not there. Good, you've found them.
Most of these are from my trip downtown yesterday, but a few date back to when I was exploring the house and getting my bearings.


The first picture is the Chevron building downtown. I come here from time to time for meetings and official-ish stuff. It's actually really pretty inside.

Next comes an awesome skywalk thingy that connects my building to another big building, and one that was once owned by the unfortunate Enron corporation. When it died, it had no capital assets - the building, even the desks were all leased - so there was no return to investors, or for unemployees : (

The third picture is of a really pretty entrance to the building, on the west side, underneath that skywalk. Also of interest (it really is interesting!) is that the skywalk looks like a weird circle or something on google earth satelite map. It's worth checking out. 1500 Louisiana Street.


Next, number four, comes the inside of that cool entrance. It has a cylindrical globe laser cut onto glass, and it's really pretty.

The next picture is of my room here on Neff St. I love the bed. It's a million times more comfortable than my bed at home. Also, the suitcase on top I use like a dresser drawer / bookshelf.

The second to last picture (yes, this uploading makes me weary!) is of the house itself. It is nice, clean, and comfortable. I just wish there were more people here (my roommate is away on business.)

And finally! Me standing here sporting my new, much shorter hair (I actually really like it this way.) I don't really have good or bad hair days anymore. Maybe they're all good. I like that.

Now, I go to make some biscuits for dinner, and soup too. I really hope there is butter around here somewhere. Two nights ago I had a whole pan of canned chili, with no crackers, and juice to drink. I actually ate the last quarter of it from the pan. I don't remember why, but there was a reason. There must have been. I know that I wouldn't just do that! Anyway, I got all 140% of my daily sodium right there, so it was at least healthy.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, i'm looking at random blogs, and then suddenly i see a familiar face :). it was good to hear your voice the other day. and your "office" is pure sweetness!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger The Erstwhile Philistine said...

I know why you ate it straight out of the pan: because you are a real man!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger e said...

Those are pretty neat pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home