More Adventurous

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So unbelievably panicked!

I had the most terrible fright today. I knew that I had to wake up at 5:50 a.m. so I could make it to the Bellfort bus stop by 6:40, and get downtown for a really important meeting. I awoke all of a sudden, confused about the passage of time, and realized I was still fully dressed. I started to panic! Short sentences! carry more emotion. Anyway, I looked at my clock, and it was 7:00 already. I flew out of bed and whirled about, like a hurricane, in a frenzy of activity, and ashamed of myself for sleeping so grievously and irresponsibly in. Just then, I realized it didn't feel at all like morning.

The resolution to the story is that it was, in fact, 7 o'clock p.m., and I'd just fallen asleep after I got back from work, and the meeting still isn't happening until tomorrow. I relaxed my straining nervous system and microwaved some leftover Chinese food, and called a couple of friends. Whew. If I'm going to wake up on time tomorrow, I should probably go to sleep at about 10 o'the'clock. Tomorrow should be really exciting, so I'll take my camera along with me, and see if I can get any interesting shots. I'll be on the lookout for interesting people (crazies included! I mean this in the nicest way, just that, it's a big city, and there may be crazies.)

I really wish we had some jet skis on the lake at work. That really would be perfect. When I get a picture up of the office, I'm sure you will agree.

Time for cello. It's always time for cello. There's always room for cello. /out/

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger e said...

Oh, my, that sounds dreadful. :o) Something similar happened to me once, only it wasn't for a meeting, just a big day the next day: I woke up and began sleepily to make my bed when I suddenly wondered why everything was so dark, and realized that it was 10:00 at night, not 10:00 in the morning. *groan*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home