More Adventurous

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Eyes Open!



Snow Patrol was amazing! None of you (I think) listen to them, so I'll keep the details brief, but they played mostly from Eyes Open and Final Straw. The very best moment was during "It's Beginning to Get to Me" when the lead singer totally stopped, and the audience boldly filled in, singing at least half of the song. During the chorus, the band played different harmonies to the melody than the ones on the cd, and it was so wonderful.

The lights on stage were the best I've ever seen. They seemed to be textured and made of so many colors at the same time. During Ways and Means, and blue-green-purple starburst surrounded the lead singer, whose arms were extended just how you would to embrace everyone there, and then suddenly, the theatre went black, but only for a moment, right before the most wondrous shiny thing I've ever seen.

The entire stage burst into brilliant white light, that seemed to flash, brighter and faster than earthly lightning, not letting the darkness creep back in for even a moment before another burst, and individual, prismatic, rays seemed to climb stately from floor to ceiling starting right under the feet of the band.

The lights and the crowd singing are the two things that define this concert for me, and probably a little bit of emotional attachment to the lyrics on Chocolate and How to be Dead.

And it's beginning to get to me,
that I know more of the stars and sea,
than I do of what's in your head,
we try to talk but then shout instead.

Are you beginning to get my point,
that all this fighting with aching joints,
is doing nothing but tire us out,
and no one know what the fight's about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home