More Adventurous

Friday, June 23, 2006

Wasted Opportunity

In my second game last night, I made one of my worst Go mistakes of my life. It is the game against "Rook 13k," if you have KGS and get a chance to watch it. The game started brilliantly, and by the end of the fuseki I was totally dominating. When things went wrong, however, my advantage crumbled, and so did my confidence. All of the moves following black g3 were insipid. The worst part was that I let his center group, which I should have kept under strong attack, escape lightly and kill one of my invasions. That really hurt, and neutralized all of the good moves I had made up until then. Avalanche is totally right, I would be so much stronger if I watched my connections a little bit sharper. Oh, and work is good today. I got another picture of that Nutria also, and I've typed a few more pages of my report here at work.

Edit: Happy Jenny Day!
Edit2: The curse remains in effect for people who move through this site without saying 'hi!'

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agh, i've done that before... dominating a game until i make a mistake somewhere in middle-game, after which point i screw everything up. i saw you watching my game against a bot last night... was that after you lost this game? the bot knocked me down a rank, but i lost by time. [lately everyone loses to that particular one by time. it's a trap.] that was kind of irritating, and i decided never to play a kgs bot again. :/

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger lp said...

hey. you made a comment on my site. thanks. i actually didn't think anyone read it. it's nice to know someone stumbled across it. writing is such a good way for me to express my thoughts/emotions. thanks for your comments....it was a true encouragement. blessings to you.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you lost your game. i liked the pictures some pretty cool birds . Hey Tex, its Mom. Ireally liked your descriptions of Go moves--so articulate! If you were a troop commander in battle you would do great reports.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Kevin K. said...

I love you two so much!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home